PAST FET EVENT
FET Innovation ecosystems: Regional support for a European Impact
October 25th 2018
Delegation of the Basque Country, Brussels, Belgium
The event analysed how European next multi financial framework can promote breakthrough technological ideas and high-risk research to prepare the ground for future value chains and market creation. The discussion focused on the innovation potential raising from technology-focused high-risk research and the link to regional programmes and existing elements to support innovation potential. The workshop was hosted by the Delegation of the Basque Country in Brussels with the collaboration of the delegation of the Region of Navarre.
This event served as a further discussion on the outcomes of EFFECT’s Workshop at the European Parliament on the 7th of March. It highlighted the need of policy-makers at all levels to build a framework which will secure excellent breakthrough research and innovation in the EU, taking into account the Proposal for a Decision of the European Parliament and of the Council on establishing the specific programme implementing Horizon Europe – the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
The specific objectives of the workshop were:
- Introduce workshop participants to the primary objectives, ideas and concepts underpinning FET innovation ecosystem;
- Discuss with workshop participants the findings stemming from FET projects’ activities
prior to the workshop;
- Stimulate co-creative brainstorming pertaining to the next European multi financial framework to promote breakthrough technological ideas and high-risk research, with a view to co-defining with them demand-driven policy measures.
- Leverage the outcomes of the co-creative brainstorming to further elaborate the co-
design of policy recommendations
The workshop led to recommendations to be distributed to regions and other policy and decision makers. The recommendations will be made publicly available on the fetfx.eu website.
Workshop-related material and information are available at the following links:
- Presentation by Marta Marin (Basque Country)
- Presentation by Mikel Irujo (Region of Navarre)
- Presentation by Viorel Peca (European Commission / DG CNCT)
- Presentation by Marek Przeor (Europea Commission / DG REGIO)
- Presentation by Elsie De Clerq (Region of Flanders)
- Presentation by Marta Calderaro (EFFECT project / APRE National Contact Point)
- Proposal for a decision of the European Parliament and of the Council on establishing the specific programme implementing Horizon Europe – the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation
- Smart Specialisation Platform
Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
October 25 2018 from 08:30 to 12:30
Delegation of the Basque Country
27 Rue des deux Eglises
Brussels, 1000 Belgium