PAST FET EVENT
European Leadership through Disruptive Technologies: Future and Emerging Technologies towards 2030
March 7th 2018
European Parliament, Room A5E-2, Brussels, Belgium
This policy workshop aimed at making a wide variety of actors (researchers, industry, policy makers, civil society organisations, citizens) aware of the impact of Future and Emerging Technologies on the European society of tomorrow. It was organised by the EFFECT project, in cooperation with the European Parliament’s ITRE Committee and European Commission’s DG CONNECT. The event presented FET actions as a catalyst for disruptive research and a basis for radical innovations.
The workshop took place in a defining moment for the future of EU Research and Innovation policies. It intended to set the debate on how to position FETs in the next Framework Programme (FP9), two years after the FET Advisory Group proposed to put the FET Programme at the nucleus of the future European Innovation Council through the publication “The Future of FET”.
Agenda and presentations are available at the following links:
The following publications have been released:
The following video interviews report the answer of some of the event’s keynote speakers to the question “Why should interdisciplinary high-risk research on disruptive technologies be supported?“:
- Paul Lukowicz, Full Professor of Artificial Intelligence at the Technical University of Kaiserslautern (Germany) and head of the Embedded Intelligence group at the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI GmbH)
- Olivier Frey, head of Technologies & Platforms and Project Manager of Microphysiological Systems at InSphero AG
- Daniela Corda, Director of the Institute of Protein Biochemistry of the CNR in Naples (Italy)
- Khalil Rouhana, Deputy Director-General in DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology (CNECT) of the European Commission
- Maria Chiara Carrozza, Professor of Industrial Bioengineering at the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies in Pisa (Italy)
- “Best of” from the above interviews
Want to join the Twitter stream on the event? Use the hashtag #EWEP2018
Find a quick, yet exhaustive description of the FET programme here, together with a rich collection of resources which will give you a deeper insight into the FET world.
Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover image: via Wikimedia Commons
March 7 2018 from 18:00 to 20:00
European Parliament, Room A5E-2
Rue Wiertz 60
Brussels, 1047 Belgium